Content Marketing Manager – BI & Analytics
This role is ideal for someone with a basic knowledge of BI & Analytics tools (such as Power BI/Tableau), who has excellent writing skills, a deep passion for sharing their expertise through blogs, videos, infographics and has an interest in transitioning to a marketing or product management role. As a Content Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for creating marketing content for a technical audience from the BI & Analytics landscape.
We are an entrepreneurial, talented, and collaborative team building a world-class SaaS product for analytics automation. We are profitable and our customers include the world’s leading companies in North America and Europe. Our goal is to eliminate the need for manual, inefficient processes in analytics. We have built a cool, no-code solution that shortens the time for Analytics, especially for BI Developers and business decision-makers.
It is an exciting time to drive the next phase of growth of BI Connector and your career.
Why you should join us
In addition to the table stakes such as a great compensation with health insurance, virtual social events, the annual team get-togethers, star of the month awards, and more, you should join us to thrive in our entrepreneurial culture and values:
- A results-oriented flat organizational structure that encourages ownership, responsibility, and accountability.
- We have a relentless focus on continuous learning and improvement
- We offer a great opportunity to simplify analytics at the world’s leading organizations
- You save a ton of commute time with our remote-first organization
Last, but not least, you get to work in a small, friendly team that is focused on customer, organization, and individual growth.
Things You Will Work On
Your overall goal is to establish thought leadership in specific topics using a well-defined content marketing strategy. Towards this objective, you will
- Research, understand and refine the target customer profile for BI Connector
- Use Keyword Research/SEO tools to prepare the target keywords for content generation for TOFU, MOFU, and BOFU
- Work with the management team to define and prioritize the content calendar for each quarter and for each sprint. Content could be blogs, videos, customer case studies, email newsletters, social media posts, and more.
- Research and create an outline for the content. Define the distribution strategy for the content.
- For technical content, set up the technical environment, create prototypes and/or innovative solutions, and create demo videos, and step-by-step manuals.
- Write the SEO optimized content and define specifications for the graphics/videos in the content
- Record video content of technical solutions
- Review the content with the team, work with our designer for the graphics/video editing and finally with our web developer to publish the content
- Distribute the content across various social media channels, and schedule posts using HubSpot
- Answer questions in Power BI, Tableau community forums, and platforms like Quora and Reddit for generating high quality backlinks to the BI Connector website
- Develop and maintain the social media pages of BI Connector
- Track the analytics from the published content using HubSpot, measure the effectiveness, and refine the existing content. Learn from the results, and improve the approach for new/existing content.
Skills You Will Bring to the Team
- Excellent writer and researcher with a strong ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Degree in marketing, journalism, communications, or related field
- 3-5 years experience in content-related role for BI & Analytics products. Ideally, you would have prior experience (beginner level) in Power BI or Tableau or a similar visualization tool
- Excellent writing skills with a demonstrated ability to write blogs, and technical articles are required. Be ready to provide writing samples
- Strong verbal skills – the ability to speak with global customers and interview them is essential
- Familiarity with the content pillar concept
- Proven ability to research and write on technical topics independently
- Proven ability to perform a content gap analysis and execute a content plan independently
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized, able to meet deadlines
- Availability to work at least a few hours per day in US/PST morning hours since you will be coordinating with the CEO based in the US.
Nice to have
- Experience in bootstrapping and leading a content marketing team